Weddings are expensive, but brides and grooms are finding ways to slash dollars off the bill.
Here are some ways:
1. Spend less on the wedding ring. People are spending less on wedding rings. The average one is $2,000, but people are paying $1,200 and less.
2. Buy your tux. More people are buying tuxedos than renting them so they can wear them again. (Photo: http://www.davidsformalwear.com/) 3. Buy a wedding dress at an annual sale or local dress store.
4. A justice-of-the-peace can be a cheap option for an officiant.
5. Simplify floral arrangements.
6. Use the bridesmaids' bouquets for table centerpieces at the reception, in a vase or laying down.
7. For catered weddings, keep the menu simple.
8. Use a local freelance photographer rather than a professional studio.
[The Lufkin Daily News]